Se resuelve, con la aprobación de la Cámara de __________, Que la Convención General recomiende la Carta del Evangelismo para la Iglesia Episcopal a las diócesis, congregaciones, comunidades de fe y a todos los episcopales, rogándoles que lean y estudien sus principios y los integren en su vida de fe.
The Evangelism Charter for the church was developed by a group of committed Episcopal evangelists gathered by the Local Ministry & Mission Committee of Executive Council. We anticipate that video and curricula will be developed based on its principles that will help Episcopalians learn the practices of evangelism. The Charter reads as follows:
Evangelism Charter for The Episcopal Church
Celebrant: Will you proclaim by word and example the good news of God in Christ?
People: I will, with God’s help.
Every baptized Episcopalian has vowed to proclaim with our words and our lives the loving, liberating, and life-giving good news of Jesus Christ. Through this Episcopal approach to evangelism, we seek, name and celebrate Jesus’ loving presence in the stories of all people - then invite everyone to MORE. This commitment means engaging in:
Evangelism OF the Church
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment.” - Matthew 22:37-38
With God’s help, as followers of Jesus Christ, we will ...
• Recognize and live into our own belovedness as children of God
• Engage daily practices of prayer, scripture reading, worship, and service
• Recall times in our lives when the love of God has been real and present to us
• Articulate our own story of experiencing God’s love for us
Evangelism BY the Church
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” - Acts 1:8
With God’s help, as bearers of the Good News of Jesus Christ, we will …
• Invite and listen deeply to the stories of everyone you encounter
• Name and celebrate stories of the presence of God in Christ everywhere
• Share our stories of encounter, good news, and resurrection in Jesus
• Plant seeds of hope, and trust God to give the growth
Evangelism FOR the Church
“So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are citizens with the saints and also members of the household of God .... In him the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord.” - Ephesians 2:19-21
With God’s help, as members of the Body of Christ, we will ...
• Allow ourselves to be transformed by new relationships
• Discover a fresh approach to the gospel as we gain new perspectives
• Invite others to discover their own belovedness in Christ
• Grow more servants for The Jesus Movement to change the world
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”-Matthew 28:19-20
Ver versión corriente