Resolved, the House of _______ concurring, That Canon IV.4.1(h) is hereby amended to read as follows:
(h) refrain from:
(1) any act of Sexual Misconduct;
(2) holding and teaching publicly or privately, and advisedly, any Doctrine contrary to that held by the Church;
(3) engaging in any secular employment, calling or business without the consent of the Bishop of the Diocese in which the Member of the Clergy is canonically resident;
(4) being absent from the Diocese in which the Member of the Clergy is canonically resident, except as provided in Canon III.9.3(e) for more than two (2) years without the consent of the Bishop Diocesan;
(5) any criminal act that reflects adversely on the Member of the Clergy's honesty, trustworthiness or fitness as a minister of the Church;
(6) conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit or misrepresentation;
(7) habitual neglect of the exercise of the ministerial office without cause; or habitual neglect of public worship, and of the Holy Communion, according to the order and use of the Church;
(8) any Conduct Unbecoming a Member of the Clergy.
Upon a routine review of this Section, it was noted by the Commission that the conjunctions “or” and “and” between subsections 6, 7, and 8 were misused. This amendment corrects those errors.
View Current Version