Resolved, the House of Bishops concurring, That “The Right Reverend David E. and Helen R. Richards College for Bishops of the Episcopal Church” is urged to amend its Certificate of Incorporation and By-laws to provide that:
• the directors of the corporation be jointly nominated by the Presiding Bishop and President of the House of Deputies
,. Prior to making such nominations, the Presiding Bishop and the President of the House of Deputies shall consider race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disabilities, and age so as to ensure diversity among members of the Board,
• the directors of the corporation be elected by the House of Bishops,
• the directors of the corporation be confirmed by the House of Deputies of the General Convention,
• that vacancies on the Board that occur more than six months prior to the convening of the next General Convention be filled by joint nomination of the Presiding Bishop and the President of the House of Deputies and election by the Board of the College, and
• that the President of the House of Deputies and the Presiding Bishop be members of the board of directors, ex officio.
View Original Version